Bells of Lazonby are one of Cumbria’s most iconic businesses with over 70 years of baking experience. As pioneers of the baking industry we make some of the best Sourdough bread and our passion for baking innovation has meant we are a go-to supplier for baked goods for some of the UK’s largest supermarkets and high street coffee shop chains.
In 2019 the company launched ‘BELLS & WHiSTLES’, a brand-new vegan cake brand that is also Gluten, Wheat and Milk Free. Inspired by millennial consumers and positioned as a brand that is at the cutting edge of flavour and consumption trends, Bells of Lazonby are looking for a marketing intern to help drive BELLS & WHiSTLES forward both in the UK and internationally as well as supporting and aiding the growth of its existing branded portfolio.
The role will be hands on and diverse with the key goal of continuing to grow Bells of Lazonby’s brands and market share.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating and maintaining a compelling social media plan which drives footfall into the stores and locations where our products are sold.
- Ensuring our brands maintain relevance with our target audience through sampling and physical engagement.
- Being an ambassador for our brands. Attend national exhibitions and conferences to network and gain customer leads
- Creating and maintaining excellent marketing collateral and research to support the sales team with sell ins.
- Developing digital and print advertisement with external marketing agencies in line with brand standards and guidelines. Design and direct photo shoots for branded portfolio in line with brand guidelines
- General day to day brand activation management. (Sending out of samples, keeping online information up to date, writing press releases)
- Create and maintain internal communications
- Update portfolio of websites with relevant information and product changes
- Present branded product ranges to national sales teams and buyers
- Provide the commercial team with market awareness by analysis of market data, market trends and competitor analysis
This is a rare opportunity to work with a company that is undergoing ambitious expansion and growth of its branded portfolio.
Start date: September 2019
Duration: 9 months
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to Philip Callaghan firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01768 898437 to discuss the role further.